North American ILAC-Signatory Accreditation Bodies
These links are to the North American accreditation bodies that are signatory to the ILAC Arrangement. See http://www.ilac.org/documents/mra_signatories.pdf for the complete listing. They are shown here in alphabetical order.
- American Association for Lab Accreditation (A2LA), USA
- American Society of Crime Lab Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB), USA
- ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, USA
- ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, doing business as (L-A-B), USA
- AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs, LLC (AIHA-LAP, LLC), USA
- Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation Inc. (CALA), Canada
- Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH), Canada, for clinical laboratories
- International Accreditation Service, Inc (IAS), US
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), USA
- Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation, Inc. (PJLA), USA
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC), Canada
These bodies provide specific instructions to labs regarding methods of application for accreditation, fees, processes for accreditation, uncertainty requirements, traceability requirements and other accreditation-related issues.
MOTIVA Training can provide assistance to persons who just want to talk about navigating their way through the mountain of choices. No charge. Note that our Conflict of Interest requirements do not allow MOTIVA staff to consult with a laboratory and then participate in its assessment.
In the end, the laboratory must deal with the accreditation body of their choice, but we can help labs figure out which questions to ask beforehand.